How To Wear A Tie Clip
This season has arisen many style debates for men; most squabbles have been a matter of technicality. But this subject matter isn’t about whether to wear a tie bar but HOW TO wear it: straight or crooked. High or low and what to wear with the tie clip?
The style revolutionaries believe in the straight and narrow theory while the ‘swagg’ generation just wears it and calls it style. Of course there is no law telling you what to do with your tie bar…
Here are some suggestions on how to wear this resurrected and yes, functional accessory. I love the pocket square, but unlike a tie clip, it won’t keep your necktie off your plate. How are you styling this accessory?
1. Wear some Color - Are you wearing a gray suit, white shirt, black tie and tie bar? Mix in a blue shirt and it’ll make a world of difference.
2. Width of the Tie Bar – Going for a modern look? Get a tie bar that’ll cover no more than 3/4 of the width of your tie. Plenty of bar to keep your tie under control and just enough bar missing to be daring.
3. Positioning – The traditional style is between the 4th and 5th button. An updated, stronger, more stylish look is between the 3rd and 4th button. It makes you look taller and slimmer alongside feeling like you’re breaking most of the rules.
4. Tie Bar, Tie Clip or Pocket Square. Pick one – Can you wear ALL at the same time? Sure… It’s highly possible to over accessorize even if you’re staying away from the real flashy stuff but it’s possible.
5. A Tie Bar with a Chain – The most adventurous of them all